It’s a budget of sorts. In other words, I’ve decided what I do and do not give a f*ck about.
And here is what I discovered:
Things I Give a F*ck About
(Things I need to give more time / energy / attention to)
- My health
- My family’s health
- Spending time with my family
- Getting “me” time
- Self care
Sound selfish? Good. It should. 🙂
Things I Do Not Give a F*ck About
(Things I need to give less time / energy / attention to)
- What people think of me
- TV shows I’m supposed to be watching because they are popular
- People who don’t hear the word “no”
- (Most) sports
- Celebrities’ haircuts, dresses, shoes, handbags, relationships, pets…
- Demands on my time and/or energy
- Expectations about what I “should” be doing
- Number of followers on [insert social media platform here]
- Stats on my blog
- What my neighbor thinks of my lawn
I have to stop giving a f*ck about these things in the form of time, energy, or money.
I have to stop stressing about these things.
I have to say NO to these things.
The real work begins.
My Sunday thoughts in (slightly over) 200 words.
ICYMI, here’s the talk:
The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck
TEDx Talk by Sarah Knight
And here are the books:
with people you don’t like
doing things you don’t want to do
Link: Get Your Sh*t Together
so you can finish what you need to do
and start doing what you want to do